View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-14, 05:22

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I am not addicted to carbs. Just seem to be better off without them, even on vacation.

If it was relatively easy for you to go into induction, no cravings, withdrawal symptoms, etc., that's good. Maybe you can get away with a diet vacation. But depending how long the vacation is, it will set you back, you will regain some weight, it's impossible to predict how much or how much will be fat or water, that's individual.

One problem is that you can't really predict how easy it will be for you to resist carbs in October. Right now, you're 18 pounds down from your starting body weight. When you started, your fat cells were replete. That has consequences to hormones like leptin and thyroid. So you have a certain reaction to carbohydrate in the diet, based on your current body weight--insulin's the biggy, but it interacts with all the other hormones. What if you lose another fifty pounds? How will you react to carbs then?

At 170 pounds, I had no binging problems. Brought my weight down the the mid 150's--and foods like cheese and nuts became problem foods. I went more ketogenic--kept carbs low, brought protein down to the 60-80 grams range--and that took care of the binging. I'm not saying you'll end up with a binging problem if you diet down--just that there's enough of a hormonal shift that you don't necessarily know how you'll react to carbs at a lower body weight.