#2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-09, 09:43
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Good for you Sheila!

I think that you maybe missing something here.... is that the 6 months where you were successfully maintaining your weight!

I know that you don't see it that way but it is true....that the way you were eating enabled your body to not regain weight. Those 6 months are a valuable thing in the bigger scheme of things.

What I have seen happen to several people who use M&E to get to goal, is that as soon as they re-introduce any carb foods at all( even induction veggies), that they see water weight gain and think that reverting back to M&E is the only way to get it back off again...so begins the yo-yo cycle.

I am not trying to rain on your parade here at all....just giving you info from what I've seen happen here many times.
Atkins broke his plan down into 4 phases for this reason. OWL will lead people into pre-maintenance while slowly building up carb levels.

Too many go in the other directon (M&E or VLC) and their bodies lose the ability to digest/process carbohydrate foods, not to mention trashing your adrenals. So any that you eat, will see water weight gain in your body.

My question to you is, What will you do about your carb levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila
1. Do you ever wonder if when you hit "goal" it will be enough?
I knew that I wanted to maintain under my goal weight. I also knew that I didn't want to get below 150, for my age and height it works for me.
Quote:
2. When you hit goal, what are you going to focus on as much as you have to get to goal?

I focus on keeping my food as good as it was to get the weight off. I'd like to be focusing on getting more exercise too but I am very lazy about that.

And just for the record, according to the definition of this forum, the last 5-10 lbs to lose puts you in pre-maintenance. Reaching 90% of your goal weight is the parameter set for being part of the maintenance weighin.

Congrats again....