View Single Post
  #228   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-10, 04:15
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Thanks for the poke. Things have been rough. Mama is okay physically, but the dementia has left us with a personality that is definitely not the person we knew. She has dementia with hallucinations. She is convinced there is nothing wrong with her and that Daddy put her in a nursing home so that he can have a life with another woman. She is a handful.

I began going into a depression last spring, but it got really bad about a month ago. My doctor decided that one of my meds was no longer working. He switched me to pristiq. It seems to be working, but I am having to concentrate on taking care of myself. I am low carbing which helps me feel better and is good for my blood sugars.

My job is difficult this year. I have 22 third graders (a grade with 3 state tests to administer this year) with many special needs kids. Plus we have a new administrator. I got the worst letter from a parent yesterday saying that I am not "helping" her daughter. Yikes!! I am honestly doing everything I can to the best of my ability.

Isn't it frustrating when you are giving as much as you can and realizing that you still have to work to keep your own well from running dry?

Sorry that this doesn't sound very positive. I am doing better, but this is just a difficult time. Thanks for the notes since it reminds me to look after myself today.
Sara<><