View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 05:48
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Zajack, I honestly didn't think I had any of my at-my-fattest pictures. Over Christmas I was cleaning out the last of our piles after Ivan (A giant tree went through the roof causing a lenghty reconstruction effort--I just hadn't gotten all of the final details cleaned up. That is one of the reasons my heart just breaks for Katrina victims. Opal and Ivan have caused hurricane terrors in our community), and found a 2002 church directory. Holy moly! Don't I look like Barbara Bush to my husband? It also helped me understand why people teased me about "dressing young" after I lost a lot of the weight. I'll admit that I wondered at the time if I was dressing "too young." But I dismissed that and went with my slimming gut feel. After seeing the photo, I realize that I was aging in my spirit and it reflected.

I've thought about that when I've been "recieved" so positively as I've lost weight. Is it because of society's predjudice against obese people? Is it because I send out signals that I am approachable? I think it is both. What do you think?

Peace,
Sara<><