View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 19:33

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

I wanted to say something here but I hope I don't offend anyone.

At my highest weight (147 lbs on a medium boned 5' 3" frame) not many people except my mum mentioned that I was overweight. In fact, even now, most people who have seen me shrinking said they didn't think I looked overweight at that particular point in time.

HOWEVER, the day I sat down in church and felt my stomach lodged firmly up under my breasts, I decided enough was enough. I didn't feel well--so sluggish and lethargic-- and I did not feel attractive at all.

I don't think my feelings of being unattractive came from others. They came from me because I knew that something in my body was out of balance and I knew that I was not in control. I had to find out the "keys" that would help me restore myself to myself, if you get my drift. I wanted to feel attractive and healthy to and for myself as well as to look attractive and healthy to others.

And isn't that the point? Overweight people are intelligent, good looking, funny--all the good and bad qualities that everyone else has BUT the bottom line is that being overweight is NOT as attractive as being someone who is toned and healthy (no matter what body shape, bone frame, height, etc.)

If there wasn't a smidgen of truth in this, then why, aside from health issues for some of us, are we all trying to lose weight??????

As I said, I hope I haven't offended anyone. Just wanted to give my thoughts.