Old Tue, Nov-07-17, 14:19
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
It was interesting reading my own post from over 3 years ago. I was still taking Metformin back then & losing weight as much from chronic diarrhea as from eating correctly. Later I stopped the Metformin & had to really learn how to eat. I was also dealing with SAD in the winter but didn't realize it. So every winter I'd gain weight along with the depression.

Last year I started taking Vitamin D3 - which helped - & this year I have a therapy light that I sit in front of every morning - it helps, too.

I'm now almost down to the weight I was in early 2014. It's been a struggle, but "every day, in every way I'm getting better and better!"

Interesting tho - in spite of gaining weight, I bought only a couple of blouses that were bigger. Earlier this year I bought new bras that were a size smaller than I've worn in years. And I can now fit back into a blouse I couldn't wear last year.

I guess it's still progress even if I'm winning back the territory I used to have. And this time I'm keeping it.

I think it's probably a good thing that we don't know how the next chapter of our lives unfold. The not-knowing energizes us to struggle on. It must feel so good to reclaim that territory.

I have had the peculiar sensation of feeling as if I reached through time to give myself hope and encouragement--both when I needed that, and later when I realized that was the moment I reached out to myself. I know how wack-a-doo that sounds, but I think sometimes time is a little more fluid and allows us those glimpses. That's how I'm feeling now. And what's funny is that I looked like I imagined myself looking, right down to the silver hair and the shirt-jacket I have now. And that's how I feel towards myself when I was trapped in the fat body: "Hang in there! You can do this! It gets better!"