#95   ^
Old Wed, May-07-14, 09:10

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
No, I actually went in a different direction from once a day eating about a month ago. For the last year even though I enjoyed eating like that I stopped losing weight and was in a plateau. I guess I can't complain since I was eating a ton of food but I wasn't losing so I switched it up. I am not even following low carb or CAD anymore.

It can work however as there are many people who do it but I have realized that the people who have success with CAD and IF is because of calorie restriction- not that it changes the way your body stores fat. Maybe in the beginning but I have seen many others over the last year and a half with various forms of CAD/CALP or IF and analyzing their eating habits it is because of cutting out calories. I am interested in high calorie weight loss and not slowing the metabolism but speeding it up!

Good luck! I will say that I wasn't hungry eating that way and there are many positives. Just keep track of your eating to see what works and what doesn't!

MIW

I don't agree that my weight loss this past year, and ending the plateau I was on is simply due to lower calories. A calorie is not a calorie! It very much matters what I'm eating each meal. I find calp principles to be the way to eat, and will happily do so the rest of my life.
I expect maintenance on calp to go fairly smoothly.

Best wishes with what you've chosen to move on to.