#8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 11:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Kathleen and everyone else-
very thought provoking posts. BTW- physically I feel "normal".

I don't know what the answer is. I love the metaphor of being in the harbour after crossing the ocean. Let's face it- being in the harbour is boring compared to the challenges of the ocean crossing, but that is where real life is. For me acceptance has been a key. First, accepting that I really had a physical problem that can be corrected by CALP and that I have to stay on this plan to continue in health. Second, accepting that I really do weigh 125lbs and really am a size 6/8 now and giving myself permission that this is okay. It was not my goal, I was very happy at 150 and my size 12, but this is where my body bumped into the dock. After 16 years of being a 16, and being fine with that, this has been really difficult. The first winter I was freezing, and my bones hurt when I sat or had my elbow on something. All my cushioning was gone, but that has gone away. I am getting more comfortable in my own skin.
I do like this site, and I do like posting: this has helped me stay on track. I never started a journal.
I am interested in what others have to say.
E