View Single Post
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-11, 11:51

Plan: IBS Diet/Intuitive Eating
Stats: 321/194.2/199 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Found an interesting article online today in a 2010 newsletter by Lita Lee. I was doing a search online about corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup and Ray Peat because I couldn't seem to recall seeing any information about what he thought of those products. This short article is the only thing I could find. Note that the article continues on page 4.

Kind of makes sense, because I know eating candy made with corn syup sets off my "eat the whole bag" button. Dr. Peat suggests that there may actually be quite a bit of starch in the corn syrup, which would explain my reaction, because any starch made from grains results in my overeating and still wanting more! Plus I gained 10 pounds in one month a few years ago when I decided it was okay to eat Halloween candy during the month of October, even though I was eating it in place of REAL food, so calorically it wasn't that much higher than normal. Same thing happened this January when I was eating grains (not candy!) and gained 8 or 9 pounds. Any product made from grains makes me gain weight FAST.

http://www.litalee.com/documents/vF_i4.pdf

Cathy