View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-12, 09:44
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

I see that Atkins is your chosen plan. Do you mind if I ask if you worked thru all 4 of the phases? Usually if you have, (particularly OWL) you will have found your CCL and CCM.

One of the things that I find is that if a person has kept their carb level quite low all the way to goal, they end up not knowing what is "safe" or not "safe" or how much to add without deleterious effects. It sounds like this is where you have found yourself.

Quote:
I am thinking of going up about 5 carbs a week to about 50 carbs a day

The only thing that I would tell you is even though you're at goal, use the principles of OWL and the rungs of the carb ladder. I wouldn't willy-nilly just start adding in foods. You may find that 50 carbs a day you start gaining, or you may surprise yourself and find that you can tolerate more. I would probably suggest only adding 1 food at a time and use a 2 week time frame instead of 1 week. Often it takes more than a week to have the full impact.

I can tolerate about 40-50 net carbs/day in the form of the lower rungs and rung 5. I occassonally eat a starchier veg like 2 oz of roasted parsnip. And rarely if ever eat from the higher fruits, legumes, and wheat. For me, I can tolerate sugar much better than wheat products. I can stop if I eat a piece of candy, but wheat puts me in the downward spiral to hell.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa