View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 10:05

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi everyone - seems everyone has gathered on this thread!

I am doing okay, but lately I went off plan big time - can't really pinpoint why, but now I am back on track again!

I have to exercise in order to lose weight. CM - usually small for me and typically it is a breakfast-time meal. RM - usually a BIG meal as well. Most of my calories and carbs are concentrated in it. I might have a small snack in the evening too, i.e. another CM.

Low-carbing has taught me to really love my veggies and fruits and low-carb desserty-type things. I used to live off bread, sugary muffins and yogurt and some meat and ate very few veggies and forget salad. LOL Wow! Nowadays I LOVE salad and all kinds of veggies and typically I do get enough protein as well. I feel a lot healthier. I've tried Atkins but find it too restrictive and boring to stick to long term. I like CALP - the framework of this diet is much more flexible, especially when visiting friends or dining out. At home, I mostly choose to eat low-carb and I tend to skip rice and pasta (except for Dreamfields occasionally), but I like potato and I like yams and other starchy vegetables, so I eat 'em! I also like raw carrots. This is a livable diet and what surprises me is that it is such a well-kept secret. It's a wonder more people are not doing it.