#13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 06:06

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 242/225/150 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:39%/39%/24%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
I did lose 60 pounds but 50 is a healthy BMI at my height, so I float around that range. The key is that I have been able to maintain a healthy weight for 6 years now. (You can see anyone's profile by tapping username) My oncologist does annual blood tests, and he is always amazed at my nutritional status. Or rather complimentary...because I have been promoting a Paleo/Keto Diet to him for his patients for years...he knows why the numbers are so good, but it is always nice to get his praise. (Highest HDL in the practice )
Dr Westman mainly focuses on Trig/HDL ratio for cholesterol, this week mine is 29/100 and has it been within a few points of that ratio since 2011 (only 6 months on LC). https://www.facebook.com/AdaptYourL...29366753972550/
You are only about 5 hours away, maybe consider an appointment with him at Duke or Heal Clinic to talk about your weight loss and the lingering medical issues you have from the statins.

Wow, awesome trig/HDLs! And with Paleo/Keto alone! You ARE an inspiration! I'm a bit puzzled about your comment re the BMI, though. I thought I understood BMIs but was under the impression that a BMI of 50 at pretty much any weight was a problem. Have I missed something?

I appreciate your suggestion of a consult at Duke/Heal Clinic. Will see what I can find out. I actually was wanting to go over there for a consult re statin induced mitochondrial myopathy in early 2016 but was much too ill to manage it (or even think) at the time.