View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 10:08

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Already 250 people signed up for an event with Kristie on Saturday. That's one big potluck.
Quote:
Person County Low Carb Group Special Support Meeting w/Kristie Sullivan
PLACE:
Westwood Baptist Church
970 Leasburg Rd
Roxboro NC 27573.
Time 10:00am-12pm
Booksigning 12:00-12:45
Covered Dish Dinner Begins at 1pm.
Please register at
www.ketounited.net
Go to Scheduled Class and scroll down and find this meeting.

Kristie has been writing posts on DietDoctor, more the psychology of dieting, a good adjunct to her recipes. I don’t know if she has written this advice on FB into an article there, but I saw this and thought her "secret" a good add to this thread.

Quote:
.....in answer to the many who ask..."How do I do this?" My reply was not meant to be unkind, but to be factual. I typed, "You have to want better health more than potatoes." Folks want to know the secret. The magic pill. The supplement. The formula. We have food lists here and references and daily food logs and so many resources that we share!! In spite of that, some never understand the real secret.
Guys, it's not what I eat that you should be wondering about, the key, the "secret" to EVERY progress photo is the carbage and garbage that people DON'T eat!

Here's what I don't eat: No pasta, ever. No potatoes, ever. No bread, ever. No sugar free soft drinks, crystal light, etc No SF jello No sweetener with malitol, mannitol, sobital, maltodextrin, etc. No net carbs. No protein bars No "regular" doughnuts No high carb treats or desserts. Not one Hershey kiss.

No exceptions. No excuses. Not ever do I eat those things. Nor do I ever consider eating them. Nor do I ever look forward to a day when I get to eat them again. It doesn't work that way. This is the Hotel California. To go off plan is to welcome back the poor health and morbid obesity that held me back for over 90% of my life. I'm living the rest of my life so that maybe I can say that I was a healthy weight for 25% of it at least!!!
Here's the message
1. It's what we DON'T eat that can have a huge impact on our progress.
2. You have to want it. You have to be sick enough, miserable enough, tired enough, committed enough.
3. This ain't no part time job. It's a full time commitment with an amazing benefits package and no retirement plan.