View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-14, 09:39

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Never2Late..
I'll just share my experiences with the CAD.
I used the CAD principles as best I could & it did help me get out of both the obese & over-weight categories!
I'm not diabetic however I do get hypoglycaemia very easily
(When I have PMS,( my hormones are a big culprit) if I have a green tea at the wrong time, if I've exercised
too much, if I've taken alcohol,(the worst)/ went too long without eating anything,
also if my diet is too low carb I get symptoms of hypoglycaemia)

The CAD worked most successfully for me when I did try to keep the carbs 'safe' for me..as in not have any that are 'triggers' or 'trouble-makers'
as I'd call them like for example 'biscuits/ breakfast cereals, or milk chocolate'.
I tend to always want to over eat those; whether following CAD or not so
I need to stay away from those things permanently because they cause
a lot of trouble & make it hard for me to have any kind of normal eating habits.
A typical amount of carbs for me in my RM; when following the CAD would be ( A tortilla wrap with around 23 g of carbs, to have with my salad, salad dressing, (7g) a Yogurt with around 13g carbs, & 2 squares of dark chocolate (maybe around 6g); so around 49g-60g of carbohydrate total.
This looks like so many & TOO many carbs to a lot of people who follow these kind of programs but to me it kept me 'sane' & didn't seem to negatively effect my energy levels/ appetite.

When I tried to do the CALP, I found it really hard to do.
I remember feeling like I was going to pass out! I think maybe I didn't eat regularly enough. (I didn't want to/feel hungry but then I'd start to suffer the effects ) I also struggled to include protein at each and every meal.
Perhaps if your following this you could make sure to eat something every 3 hours or so or include more CM snacks?

I'm still struggling with this to some extent also 'never2late'
because the symptoms of hypoglycaemia has knocked me off plan more than once;;; between wanting to pass out, feeling nauseous, lacking in energy big time or just feeling extremely irritable after a CM meal & feeling
the need for carbohydrates. Headaches also.
I also felt my concentration wasn't the best at times either.

I'm still looking around for a Plan B to help with all those symptoms I mention above.
I'm considering experimenting with the level of Carbs in my CM meals..
for example ( including <9g of carbs per meal instead of <4g)
but then it would no longer be considered that I'm following the CAD.

I do want to veer more towards the CALP plan but I haven't been successful so far. Sometimes it feels like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole..

So I'm still struggling with this which is probably why I don't always post here as often.
GOOD LUCK.