View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 12:12

Plan: IR Diet
Stats: 165/155/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Zuleikaa,
Thankyou very much for your helpful post. I am trying to follow CAD and I'm having trouble with it. I end up eating a ton of junk food during my RM. I eat my RM for dinner, and I have turned it into allowing myself to eat whatever I want for the rest of the evening. My problem with having it at lunch, is that I usually don't have an hour for lunch. Dinner is my relaxing time of day and I like to enjoy it as much as possible. I'm going to start trying to control my portions more, maybe by measuring out or something. Do you think that splenda causes problems?
Also, about the restricting carbs too much for too long changing your metabolism debate, there is proof that doing that can alter your metabolism. This happened to me definately. It can affect your T3 levels (or T4 I can't remember). I got mine tested not low carbing, they were fine. I got them tested lowcarbing (Atkins, severe carbs restriction), they were too high (hypothyroidism) I got them tested again not lowcarbing and they were fine again. I also did read this in a few places. I'm sure staying on induction helps some people lose. Starving yourself also works on some people, in the aspect that they lose weight, doesn't mean that it is good for you.
That's just my $.02
Tori