View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 09:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/128/128 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Hi all....

This is a great thread. Lots to really think about. I am back on induction for at least a week and then I am going to start pre-maintenaince. I just read Dr. Atkins latest version last night and feel that I am more prepared for it than I was a couple of years ago.

LC - I have been searching and reading all of your posts. I want to be a forever LC maintainer like you! Carbs and sugar make me feel horrible and I don't ever want to feel like that again. You are a great inspiration to me.

Gwilson - I too am a recovering ED sufferer. This WOE seems to work wonders for me. Sweets were always my downfall and this way I don't crave them so I am not tempted to binge. I was anorexic and then fell into bulimia from there. It is amazing what our emotions can cause us to do to our own bodies!

Karen - You always make me think! I always had a hard time seeing my ED as an addiction like any other, but you are right. I always felt "weak" because I couldn't control my eating and my feelings about it. Here I see that there are a lot of others struggling with the same issues. One on one therapy helped me to get into recovery, but it is not the same as hearing others that feel the same.

Mindyd - Your thoughts exactly echo my own! You said "I must admit that this is the first WOE where when I am even the slightest bit tempted to eat something wrong I am hit with a sensation of displeasure ..." This is what I have been experiencing also. With so many other eating plans when I could have a little of the sweet stuff it always turned into a lot before long. I always said that for me it is all or nothing and this way I am not tempted by the sweets at all. BTW, 20 chocolate chip cookies is a lot... ha ha ha... been there and definitely have done that!

I hope that this maintenance forum gets busier and I hope to be a part of it. I love this place and you are all the BEST!

Hugs,
Carrie