#6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-09, 03:16

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' annie
Anyway, I'm starting exploring the symptoms of Vitamin D toxicity and also symtoms associated with hypercalcemia.

[/url]

I did the same when I read in a German magazine about Vit D toxicity, but, if you look closely at the fine print, I think you will find that all these studies are related to Vit D2, not Vit D3.

In the 1950s, Vit D2 was used as a fortifying agent in various foods in large amounts. This caused the toxicity you mention and the symptoms of hypercalcemia etc.

As far as I know, there are no studies which have shown that Vit D3 has the same effects.

The Vit D2 used was a lab-made product; Vit D3 as used today is - I believe - extracted from the wool of sheep and is therefore a natural product.

I am sure that the various Vitamin D3 gurus out there would not be recommending high-dose supplementation of Vit D3 if there was any evidence of it causing these kind of horrible symptoms.

I recommend that you look again at the studies you have found and check whether they are talking about Vit D2 or Vit D3.

BTW, when you say you can't tolerate magnesium in any form, what symptoms do you get if you do take any? Just curious.

amanda