View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-13, 09:34

Plan: Low Carb/Paleo/Primal
Stats: 193/184/130 Female 62 inches
BF:Too much/?/25
Progress: 14%
Default STRESS & CORTISOL

I've been reading the Hormone Cure book and doing a little research wanted to pass on what I have learned especially for women...Stress causes your Cortisol Levels to rise and is often responsible for why we sometimes gain several pounds in a short amount of time Before going back to a Low Carb lifestyle I gained 15 pounds in just a few months while I was exercising and probably not eating more then 1800 calories a day. In addition to changing my diet I also started taking a Maca Supplement everyday. Maca Root is a Super Food and can help balance hormones,decrease Cortisol levels,Give you natural energy and increase libido. It comes in pill and powder forms but I like the powder best and put it in Smoothies,Protein Shakes even herbal coffee. You can play around with different brands but the Gelatinized is broken down and easier on your stomach. Vitacost and iHerb have great prices and Navitas is a great brand. I have been using Maca Force. It comes in flavored Vanilla Spice or Mint :-) I definitely feel better with it in my diet.
Sponsored Links