View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 08:57

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Peggy,

I was imagining lasagna last night, thinking low carb of course. We're going to a reunion soon where the meal theme will be spaghetti and lasagna, etc. honoring an uncle who died not too long a go who was a WW2 immigrant from Italy. His sauce is a family treat. Folks are going to try to replicate it.

I was trying to come up with ways to deal with this avoiding noodles and the breads everyone will be eating. I know about vegetable based lasagna and have looked at some of your recipes. I dont like any pasta or dumpling recipes I have tried, so I'm not going to do that...I'll stick with zucchini or other squash before going that route.

So, I have been doing varieties of your very versatile focaccia bread, using it for sandwiches, even hot dog rolls for sausages and topped with cream cheese along with lox/smoked salmon. I plan to use it for pizza crust too, but I've been stuck on my lavash pizza and haven't gotten to it.

I had a thought to bake a couple of your focaccia breads, run a knife through horizontally making thin sheets of them, baking the cut sheet a little bit in a modest heat oven to make them even more firm, and then using those as pasta layers.

Since the recipe is more than half cheese, my wife and I thought it might make a decent casserole/lasagna bake. Knowing its a "bready" concept, but thinking it just might make a well set dish that could be sliced and served like lasagna.

Ever try something like that? Thoughts?

It occurred to me a good alternate for spaghetti noodles would be a roasted spaghetti squash, pulled loose with a fork. Duh! I was a little stressed at the thought of a spaghetti dinner event...until my brain started thinking!