#59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-08-16, 13:28

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
I lived in Baltimore in the late 70s and loved her show, but think Oprah hit her highest weight after she was on Optifast and made it into her size 6 jeans and started gaining immediately after that Oprah show broadcast where she wheeled in a cartload of suet equivalent to the weight she had lost. That's why I don't think a diet that lets you eat anything you want in moderation will work for her (it certainly doesn't work for a longtime yo-yoer like me); we need to eliminate trigger foods from the house and only have them very rarely and in very limited amounts when away from home.

Maybe, but I remember the old shows. She was way bigger and it wasn't just the boxy, unflattering suits! Even if it came after her size 6, she's still kept a loss from that for quite awhile. I saw her saying she hit the 200 mark a few years ago after dealing with the girls' school crisis and had to get back on the program. If her highest weight was 237, that would mean she'd been doing pretty well for quite a long time, maintaining at least a 40 pound loss. The internet appears to have been scrubbed of those early show images. And she looked very unhealthy, very out of shape. She's never looked like that again.