View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-10, 15:52

Plan: none
Stats: 135/135/160 Male 6'0
BF:
Progress:
Default This just happened to me

(I know this is a very old thread that's been dredged up more than once, but oh well)

I noticed this for the first time today, and it hasn't gone away within minutes like it normally would when a limb falls asleep. My left pinky finger and the finger next to it, along with the portion of my hand below those two fingers has that pins and needles feeling that you get when a body part falls asleep. I work from home, usually from a laptop on my bed, and usually while leaning on my left elbow.

The last few to several days my neck and shoulders have been killing me, and today I woke up with this numbness in my fingers, so I suspect it's a pinched nerve or a kink in my neck or something along those lines. Came to this site following Google search results. Guess I'm going to have to try and avoid laying on my elbow but it's going to be hard since that's the most comfortable position for me.

Since the tingly problem, along with the pain in my neck/back are apparently inflammation related, I'm going to take some Prednisone for a few days (5mg 2x daily) and see if that helps speed things up. I'm sure just changing my behavior will suffice, but I need some relief asap.