View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-08, 03:03

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

I went out to a great lunch today. I'll probably post the menu in my journal when I get a chance to get around to it... In the USA, I could not afford this type of meal, it was a supreme meal to top all restaurant meals I've ever had... but that's not my story.....

For drinks, they offered a huge variety of things to select from, but one thing caught my eye. It was Apple Juice with ACV in it.

The indgredients list was in Chinese and English. The first thing listed was water, then apple juice, the apple cider vinegar. It was very good and it is promoted as a health drink.

It got me to thinking about how I could fix myself a concoction when I get home in a few weeks.....

My experiment will be:

2 oz water
1/2 an apple, cored out with peeling
1 tbs ACV
1 tbs yogurt
5 to 10 blueberries
5 or 6 ice cubes

Toss it in a blender and drink. After the initial drink, I will adjust the ACV upward or downward to suit my taste.

The ACV, yogurt, apple and blueberries are all suppose to be good for blood glucose control, so if it tasted good, why not? Hopefully it will, not sure....

Anyway, there were 24 dishes served up on that table today and I ate at least a small amount from every dish. I washed it all down with my Apple juice/ACV drink. They first fill the glass 3/4 of the way up and when it is drank down to the 1/2 mark, it is refilled to the 3/4 mark. I lost count of the number of times it was refilled and how much of that stuff I actually drank, but it was served very cold and the vinegar was barely noticable. Equivalent to a Whiskey Sour without the alcohol, I suppose.....

The meal ended at 1pm, but we didn't get home until 4pm. I did not take my herbs since 530am this morning, so I tested my BG and was expecting a high number. It was 97..... Considering I'm still battling a touch of an intestinal infection, no supplements at lunch time, I did pretty good. I wonder how much impact that drink had....

Anyway, that is one way to down the ACV without the yuk! taste of the vinegar.....