View Single Post
  #161   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 06:07
Keepin' It Real

Plan: IF
Stats: 250/160/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I had been maintaining my weight loss just above my goal (143 lbs) for over a year when I got sloppy. The battery on my scale died and I didn't replace it. Several months passed and I started to notice my clothes getting tight. Got that battery, and found, lo and behold, that I had gained 13 lbs! I weighed 154! It happened so fast!

I have returned now to 144 lbs, and am committed to being a Refuse-to-Regainer. I'm truly dedicating myself for the first time to a maintenance plan that I can live with from here on out.

I've never really counted carbs before. I just kept them so low that I didn't have to. Now that I want to have a more balanced approach, with a judicious amount of carbs in my diet, I find that I'm needing to meticulously count and log the carbs for a while to see what amount and type will allow me to slowly lose a few more pounds and then keep me level.

This is way more work and focus than losing weight with a strict protocol ever was! I'm finding that my learning curve is great! But I'm up for it now and will give it all the effort it takes.