Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 13:59

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Progress: 96%
Default Selsun Blue Anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishy
Well, I rubbed it on like lotion and it does stay on the skin (not soak in) but it didn't stain my clothes or sheets. It did make them smell though I guess it soaks in through the night cause but I didn't really pay attention. Just showered as usual. On my breast area, after the third day I noticed it started to kinda crust up. But I also kinda scrubbed with it there... so that might have been it. I was so terrified that I had really messed up my skin. After the irritation cleared up, so did the dark patches...
On my inside elbows, I stopped after three days and didn't really notice a difference. Then later that week at work, I looked at them and realized they were gone! That one I didn't "scrub in".
Those were my experiences.

Did anyone else try selsun blue? I know that selenium sulfide (the active ingredient) has been used on patchy skin caused by fungal infections. I'm wondering if the product works on acanthosis nigricans, too. The only thing I could think of is that it irritates the skin (i.e. drying, crusting, etc.) and works like a chemical peel...so when the skin heals its looks better. Just some thoughts. I've had patches since I was 5...I'm looking for a break