#85   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 03:20
Cracker in Asia

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/195/175 Male 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Hawker Centre Blues

Had my 1st major setback since starting this diet one month ago over the weekend & it should be educational for anyone reading
I went to the "Brazilian" party on the East Coast & Sat night & consumed only water. On the way home we stopped by Newton to show my brother-in-law who is visiting & going home soon anyhow based on this diet I thougt I was safe having some grilled chicken wings w/o using the chili sauce & some soda water. WHAT A MISTAKE.

The next morning even after about a 3KM early morning brisk hike at McRitchie my weight was up one kilo & blood sugar reading highest since I started the diet.

The damn things must have been basted over & over whole grilling w/sugar based sauce. Today is Monday & I've almost pulled the weight back off by being careful what I ate & exercising like hell yesterday but the blood sugar is much slower coming back down.

Moral of the Story: WHEN LOW CARBING DON'T TRUST HAWKER FOOD.

I have been able to eat out w/Caesar Salads (w/o croutons) Steaks, even a bunless Grilled Chicken at BK w/o any adverse effects but the hawker food was like deadly poison.

Live & Learn, Never Again