Old Sat, Jun-04-16, 09:18
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
So, I read somewhere that getting up out of your chair is a good indication of how long you're going to live. There's a test where standing up from a chair as many times as possible tests your longevity. Of course, it doesn't take into account bad knees and such.

I've been thinking about this because my sister, who is only 75, can barely get up off the toilet sometimes and I'm really concerned for her.

So I tested myself and I managed to get up 33 times in 60 seconds. Yay! It was a good workout for the quads, let me tell you! I think I'm going to continue doing this so I don't end up like my sis.

Tip: Use a dining room chair and try not to use your arms.
I stopped after 40 reps cause my heart was pounding and my quads were screeching! So less than an entire minute, but I figure it was close to 60 seconds.

BTW, the mini-trampoline very mild bouncing (most of the time without the feet leaving the surface) has greatly improved my arthritis and my circulation. I'm sold on this. Even though there's no way to tell if it is actually strengthening my immune system and my lymph drainage, it has already proven valuable for me. I no longer have to use my electronic foot massage machine at all and have no strange tinglies on the bottoms of my feet.