View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-14, 15:24

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi, Cara. I see that your post has been neglected. Sounds like you've set yourself up for a pretty challenging program.

I used to lift often and fairly heavy--a combination of gym workouts and home workouts (when I had lots of equipment at home, and a library of great videos.)
You can see the results in my Gallery photos. (I was 61 then, 68 now.)

As for the loose skin and dimply stuff...I dunno. I've got dimply thunder thighs--always have, always will. The only solution is cover-up and (occasionally) spandex. The arms looked pretty good though when I was at a lower weight and working out regularly. I am working back to that again.

If you want to lift every day, alternate upper and lower body. Otherwise take a break. Three times a week should be plenty for a full body workout. My current favorite video (Ellen Barrett) is a fusion workout with light weights and continuous movement--good cardio and lots of reps. I like it a lot. I also enjoy a weight workout with Jari Love called Ripped! Eventually I might be able to use the weights I used to--but I don't see building myself another home gym.

I never thought I needed more carbs, as I eat plenty of fat (60-70%) for energy, and stay ketogenic. I don't favor any kind of meal replacement stuff.

Best wishes.