View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 09:36
Registered Member

Plan: Diet Doctor lchf/Keto
Stats: 265/248/154 Female 5ft 6 ins
BF:
Progress: 15%

My oh my - I'm loving this already. Bluesinger and Zoogirl... so good of you to be upfront on having similar foibles.... and yes, me and the Ice Cream tub... were you watching me from afar ZooGirl... I felt I was snucked into the back of the Brooder Barn roflmao and getting caught when the lights went on. Should I tell you about the local farm who rear Holsteins and make amazing flavours.... Raspberry and Lavender? ice cream, No? No! Its a baddy for me. I believe it goes back to a time when my mum was "bad with her nerves" in the 60s and I went to stay with my Grandma. My treat was to go across to the news agents and buy a Raspberry Ripple. If only I could persuade him to watch something Janet. I send stuff through to him on Messenger to look at, at a later date but I get met with - "I can't make insulin anymore so I have to have sweet stuff by me"... Ok dearheart but FUDGE!!??? We have had some small measure of success in that when I cook lchf and he has cauliflower mash instead of his beloved "spuds" his BS comes down beautifully. Today we had the Keto Pizza, the quick version, on the DD website. Unfortunately added to his condition is the fact that he works nights and sometimes the BS takes a bit of a nose dive at the end of a 12 hr night shift so this is his greenlight to eat a bun or have toast with peanut butter and banana when he comes in. It is perhaps another reason why I need to succeed, primarily for myself but also that he will finally listen to what I am saying. It may not happen but it's worth giving it a shot. And thanks for the link on Ted. I'm a great (long distance) fan of Dr Westman and all the other great folk on DD... and encouragingly for us over here, Dr Unwin has recently come on board and Dr Aseem Malhotra (sp?)( the latter regularly appears on Morning TV here.) It's an uphill struggle as our GPs generally are still on the Old Triangle - promoting pasta, bread etc and low fats. We will catch up at some point I'm sure. But thank you all for the encouragement. Looking forward to hammering down the weight so I can get off the blood pressure and rid myself of all the other symptoms one acquires with Type 2. Have a wonderful New Year.