Thread: Carb cycling
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 07:52

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Good responses to the original question. The first objective in starting this WOE is to understand yourself. Many variables about you play a role in developing an approach to eating and nutrition whether it's age, current health status, types of food consumed over time, family history, attitude, and initial purpose for starting low carb. In other words, you must develop the approach that works for you. If I started low carb when I was 20, I would have been able to have been much more flexible with deviating from strict low carb than I am today in my 60s. I can still be flexible today if I want, but I know that I must avoid all grains and other foods that I could have consumed occasionally years ago. One thing you'll see a lot on this forum and that many of us believe in strongly is that no one dietary approach fits all. Many don't want to hear that, because they want written directions to health and simplicity. Many also want a change in eating to be temporary and then go back to what caused them to start the dietary change in the first place. Temporary doesn't work. This is an opportunity of discovery where you'll take many pieces of information learned here and other places and employ them to your advantage. Taking a risk by deviating a bit is a good idea sometimes, but make sure you are fully aware of the deviation in order to do a specific course correction if it doesn't work. It's a journey of self discovery that should be followed intently, adjusted when necessary, and enjoyed always.