View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 23:32

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Default As far as the plan is going..

I feel like I'm doing well. Not great, but well. I've been looking back over my meals and need to re add that salad. My main problem is my H doesn't want to hear about it. Doesn't want to hear about the insulin connection/sensitivity, etc. For myself, it's bad enough, but our younger daughter has a weight problem now. And she is classic CAD. She gets hungry soon after eating carbs. We have a plan, her and I. I'm making her eggs and bacon this coming morning for breakfast (first day back to school). Her lunch will be a salad, some rolled up lunch meat (don't really like that, I'd like to get unprocessed meat. Will work on that), some koolaid/splenda jello and koolaid/splenda to drink. We're still working on balancing the RM. She's wanting, quite understandably, to eat a lot of junk. But, she does ask me. And it's only been a week, so we'll see. I'm concerned that the Splenda may keep her from losing, but I'm hoping since she's a growing child (9), it'll offset that a bit. She does say she feels less hungry. H doesn't have a lot of faith in this. And I can't blame him. I've tried several diets, including Atkins (quit losing after induction). I feel like this one is much more workable for me. Especially since when I would usually "fall off the wagon" was at my evening meal. And for a child, you can't tell them they can't have dessert for a week. Especially when H will eat candy in front of us, drink sodas, etc. This really seems the best option all around. H has started working out again. He asked me if we had cereal. I said yes. (I know we do, as I don't eat it.) He had me take his measurements/weight/date. And he's put it on the calendar 14 weeks from now. I kinda feel like he's giving me a subtle challenge. Now if I can just clean up my meals a bit more. I'm considering only having dessert (of a sugar nature) once or twice a week, and having a fruit for dessert. It's taken a couple of weeks, but I'm to the point I can "consider" not eating the dessert.