#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 23:33

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 375/361/225 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hello Low Carber!

Hello everyone,

I’m a member of the low carb friends forum but recently found out that it may be shutting down soon and saw a link for this forum posted and thought I’d give it a shot.

Wayyy back in 2012 I was in the process of a divorce after an unhealthy marriage led me to eating my pain away to the tune of weighing 350lbs. My mother had turned me on to a converted Atkins plan that basically kept me on the induction phase non-stop. We started the first week of August, 2012 and by the end of October I weighed 275lbs. Over the course of those three months (with a few cheat days) I’d managed to lose 75lbs.

I continued my journey into the holidays but did have more cheat days than I should have. By February of 2013 I’d managed to drop down to 239lbs (111lbs lost) which I thought was pretty damn good for 7 months. At this point I met my wife, things went downhill from that point.

I stopped doing low carb, I ended up getting re-married, I had a child, my mother (whom meant the world to me) died, I had a second child, and now I’m sitting here right back at 350lbs (340lbs actually, I’ve been back on the diet for 7 days and am down 10lbs! (Woo!)

I decided to get back into the forums for possible support. My wife was obese at one point herself and had gastric bypass surgery. These days she eats cookies, cakes, and pies but in smaller portions and it makes it incredibly difficult to concentrate sometimes.

I do have a goal however, I’m going to try my best to drop 150lbs in a calendar year so that I can join the Air Force before I’m too old. Could it happen? Maybe. Is it unsafe/unhealthy? Probably. I’m still going to try though and hopefully I can record it here.

I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully build some solid relationships.
Sponsored Links