View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-15, 08:25
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Years ago - after seeing Oprah's 2nd or 3rd weight loss/regain cycle -- I remember thinking... "Wow, if a billionaire - with all of her resources - cannot figure out how to take the weight off and keep it off, then what hope do I have?" The multitudes may have no respect for her, but I actually feel for her regarding her weight issues. I can certainly identify with her struggle. She just happens to be a very public example of the futility of traditional "dieting" as the means to maintaining a healthy weight. All the money in the world will not buy more willpower. It won't keep you from raiding the pantry or the fridge when the cravings call and you can no longer resist.

Unfortunately, WW is a willpower heavy 'diet'. I know I could not do it. I tried it for about 6 months and lost only 25 pounds -- starving every day. Perhaps it has changed some since I last tried it in the early 90's. With this resource boost, WW could really have an impact if they could just 'see the light' and reformulate the diet to put carbs in their place. One can only dream.