View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Sun, May-10-15, 06:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Low Carb Nutrition Bicycling 3 + hours

I switched to a low carb diet 3-4 weeks ago. I work out with weights 4 times a week & haven't had any problems in the gym, but I'm still trying to find the right snack to bring along on my bike rides. So far I haven't been all too successful. In the past, I had issues with saddle discomfort which prevented me from doing rides longer than 10-15 miles, but I finally solved that problem & I no longer have any issues standing in my way of doing longer rides EXCEPT bonking. I did a 25 mile ride last week & yesterday & bonked after approx. 15 miles, even though I started snacking 45 minutes into the ride. And the worst part is that I wasn't pushing hard on either ride & I was on an almost completely flat rail trail except for some minor variations & a few little hills that would barely be considered an incline by most people. Yesterday's bonk was worse than last week's. And I'm also finding that I don't have enough power & endurance for very short hills. (And I do mean VERY short). I had eggs & bacon for breakfast both times. Am I just one of those people whose body takes longer to adjust to the change in diet? The walnuts I ate during my ride yesterday didn't help at all. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.