Old Thu, May-18-17, 04:48

Plan: Atkins/SB hybrid
Stats: 185/185/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Welcome Eccentress
It really is a shocker when we all think how long we have been at this weight loss stuff You have stumbled into a great LC forum with both good information and support. Suggest you look all around beyond recipes and find whatever help you need to restart LC with commitment. There are Buddy groups and challenges, or since you like to write start a journal, or do more reading about newer versions of LC, definitely there is more emphasis now on using real food. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb Gary Taubes book Why We Get Fat have helped many understand their weight loss struggles and how to overcome them.
All the best,

It's true, it's shocking how long it's been. Gosh, in that time I could've lost quadruple what I need to and been maintaining all this time if I'd just had some discipline.

I was always skinny as a kid and young adult. Even after babies 1-4 I dropped right back down to a size 4 or 5 within a few months. It was #5 that did me in I never lost the weight after he was born, and now weigh a good 15 lbs more than I did the day I had him. Hmph...

The older I get the tougher it is, too. I just hit the magical menopause (yikes...the hot flashes!! oh boy, they're rough!) in February of this year, so I know I really have my work cut out for me this time.

I'll definitely be looking around the forum and getting in on challenges and such. Thanks!!!