View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 14:06

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Several years ago now I beat depression. The doctor required once a month meeting and then refill my prescription for _______.

This doctor left. ANd left me hanging. I couldnt get into another doctor for my monthly meeting, so no script. I felt completely let down by my health care system.

My one choice to help myself was to reduce the dose slowly and wean off the meds; just as the dose had been slowly increased.

As Fall approached I was determined to not fall into a depression. This required very consious thought to figure this out.

I looked for anyway to laugh and be silly. Which is hard for me. THen sunlight became a daily necessity---stand out in the sun everyday.

IMO can cause more issues. Seratonin is important and that is why we eat to feel better. These days 5HTP is helpful. Increases seratonin and then melatonin. Without the extra carbs.

Dr Amen recommends eating quality carbs like sweet potatos, beets, carrots, etc., rather than cookies and breads and pastas. He cautions about going low carb.

Because I benefit with LC, the 5HTP is a great solution.

Keep the gut supplied with good microbes on a regular basis.

Connect with friends, and go have lunch with a friend.

Over the years coping with seasonal depression has become easier. It will always be a tendency, but it can be controlled.

Without pharmaceutacels.