View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 13:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 70 in
BF:
Progress: 50%

I guess that's sort of like a Petite Suisse (40%) with edulcorant (which I really love, by the way)! What a great mid-afternoon snack!

I've also (the last few days) made a pretty good mousse au chocolat for dessert:

~50cl crème liquide et de l'edulcorant, battu un petit peu avec un batteur éléctrique
2 petite c. à s. cacao (en poudre, non-sucre)
3 bonne c. à s. mascarpone
sweeten more as desired...for me, this is 3-4 packets total of Splenda (a sugar substitute that I always import...)

Mix all of this together. (I always use an electric mixer, but perhaps un fouet would work too.)

If it's too thick (which is often the case), I add a little bit more cream (continuing to mix) until it looks (and tastes) good.

This makes 2 pretty generous servings...roughly 5-6g net carbs each. If you're not willing to eat that many carbs yet, you could make less and still have a really nice dessert. (I eat 30-35g per day at the moment). I also put a tiny bit of whipped cream on top. (The kind that you buy in the store in the squirt can that actually has sugar in it...but I just use a tiny bit--probably another 1g carb...)

Bon appétit!
- Amy