#44   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 04:56
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

~WereBear

Well, I was almost paleo part of the time, except that I ate cheese because it's the only thing that makes eggs edible for me. If nothing else it made me realize that I really hate eggs! By the time I ditched them both I was having peanut butter and soy milk because I couldn't afford the same amount of almond butter and coconut milk. I didn't actually mean to eat almost low carb enough for ketosis, it just happened.

Thank you for the links! I'll check them out.

Yeah, I know. I'd happily try to do paleo properly, problem is that's going to cut my carb intake to the same 'almost but not quite low enough to enter ketosis' level again. I think the smart thing to do here is try for ketosis properly, then replace the non-paleo foods once I've adjusted. If that doesn't work out, then I'll simply eat a paleo diet loaded with fruit. Frankly that's much more appealing to me, but at the same time the ketogenic energy boost is something I'm in dire need of here!

~Merpig

LOL! I love your screen name too! I actually have a cat who's a grunter. She snores loud enough to wake me up sometimes too, but the grunting really cracks me up, especially if she does it when she's making a big jump.

I know what you mean, I've read so much stuff trying to figure out what to do that I can't keep track of it anymore! I loaded up on salt and it stopped the headaches if nothing else, but nothing short of carbs really helped with the fatigue. I should've loaded up on fruit really, but chocolate soy milk lasts way longer and I don't shop often.

I don't even know where my sweet spot is here! Right now my plan is to try to get into ketosis, and if I've given myself enough time for that and I still don't feel better, I'll add sugar to my smoothies until I figure out how many carbs I need to function, once I have a number I can figure out how much fruit to buy.

Thanks, I'll need some good luck, I'm jumping off the deep end on Saturday it looks like. I'll keep an eye open for a link.

~Ms Arielle

I'll see if the library has an eBook of it, I never did try checking out a book from them that way but this would be a good time to try it out!