View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-18, 06:05

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I often zero carb, not out of some strict regimen, but just because I don’t really like vegetables that much. Sometimes I do it deliberately as I find it’s the best way to lose water quickly if I’m feeling bloated. I don’t fight my urges anymore and I feel better and very content with ny WOE these days. I keep foods that are on plan for me in the house that will satisfy my various cravings.

I have always been a carnivore. Even in college when I was practically a vegetarian, I always craved a nice rare cheeseburger. Fast forward thirty years to a few months ago when I suddenly began having beef aversions. Never before in my life has beef looked unappetizing. But I went with it and primarily ate chicken salad instead.

These days I’m back on beef, mostly. I do occasionally get chocolate cravings. To satisfy them, I keep a mixture of Crazy Richards peanut butter, unsweetened cocoa and vanilla (~2 net carbs a tablespoon) in my fridge and will have a teaspoon or too. If I’ve been drinking wine sometimes the chocolate craving is bigger than can be satisfied with my low carb Reese’s and so I keep some low carb chocolate ice cream in the freezer for emergencies but almost never touch it.

As far as veggies go, I do eat chicken and broccoli in an Alfredo sauce from time to time. If I’m at a restaurant, I’ll often order asparagus with my steak. The other day I was home and I actually felt like eating a salad so I did. Not sure if I actually wanted the greens or my homemade low carb Russian dressing, but I ate it and was satisfied.

My foods may not appeal to you but I think the main point is to try to find what works for you and to keep your house stocked just in case. You know your cravings best. What on plan foods satisfy them?