#7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 10:13

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyLe_RoAd
, I could really use some help. I've been eating a grain free diet for a while now, and four months ago I decided to ditch the sweetened foods in my diet to see if I could lose more weight. The result was overwhelming fatigue, excruciating muscle pain, and constant hunger. I ate more thinking I wasn't getting enough calories, but I piled on 15 pounds and was still ravenous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyLe_RoAd
~thud123

The sweet goodies I dropped were chocolate soy milk, craisins, and chocolate covered coffee beans, the most painful cut of all! I'm using Western Family coconut milk, it's a store brand, unsweetened and not cut with any water.

Yes, this really is interesting, the same type of interesting the past year has been for me!! I want my boring life back.

If you are susceptible to "Atkins Flu" I suspect you are experiencing it. Unless you were super moderate on the soy milk, crasins and chocolate covered beans I can't imagine that you were well fat adapted.

Adding sugar back into your diet and feeling better is also a clue.

If you stay with low carb i.e. ~20 carbs per day you might want to add some magical salt or "bullion" to see if that allieveates some of the symptoms.

I, for one, don't experience the "Atkins Flu" for some reason. For some others they get torn up by it. So there's a lot of variation. I just came off a long carb experiment (over a week) and into a water fast for the last few days. My body seems to be able to switch pertty easily for some reason - I don't feel bad, I feel better eliminating carbohydrate to 0.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!