View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 12:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just a note, guys. I am by no means a vegetarian, nor do I pretend to know what you should be eating as one, but I can tell you that as a WOL in general, LC helps with elevated cholesterol and high BP.

In all but the most sensitive people it is not the eggs or meat (or cholesterol) you eat that causes the high readings - it is the carbs and the excess water. Cutting out eggs (a good source of protein and fat) and yolks in particular isn't something that most LCers need to do. Yes there are exceptions - however these people do not have problems with the cholesterol and fat in egg yolks and red meat - they are sensitive to an acid (arachidonic acid )that is found in them.

I recommend a book called 'Protein Power" by the Drs Eades for further information. You can check out their FAQ at their website for information on arachidonic acid and egg yolks/red meat.

One of the biggest ironies of the low fat / lower your cholesterol diet fad is that the one food with the greatest cholesterol lowering properties is the egg yolk.

Nat