View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-12-11, 07:38

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 253/237.1/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hallyth- I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I do believe you are on the right track with your diet. I have both Hashimotos and Celiac disease. I have am finding that low carb paleo works the best for me. Not only do I feel better, but I think I may have had some problems with corn. I have bounced between 180mg to 240 mg of Armour Thyroid for the past few years, finding that is the best med for me.

It is so hard to find the right doctor to treat thyroid problems. Here in the US they have such a wide variance of what they consider "normal" that you can be within that variance and still feel horrible. Many Docs will only treat you if you fall outside of the "variance", and not the symptoms. For instance, if there is a scale of 1-3. They may only treat if you are a 4. You may feel horrible at a 2 or a 3, needing to be at a 1. This is what happened to me for years. I also wasn't aware of eating gluten free. Going totally grain free and dairy free has really made a difference for me, not only in weight loss but feeling better.

I hope you feel better soon, it's a roller coaster that isn't fun.