#48   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-15, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Nutritional Ketosis
Stats: 255/239.5/160 Female 61
BF:
Progress:
Default LC veggie & dairy fats for health

I am a kidney patient, with failing function,so while I was doing a LDHF diet ( little red meat or meat at all) mostly eggs, dairy, lot of veggies anyway, so I am here to learn more.

Supposedly I need to lower my protein MORE, and take amino supplements-done. BUT DAIRY is forbidden on some VLPro..and I love my butter, cheese, cheese,HWC, s cream and full fat yogurt.

I am seeing a Naturapahtic Doc soon-from 2010 who helped me when I had kidney cancer then, (no cancer now, am fine) now with one wonky kidney I must really follow a diet that does NOT strain the kidney at all, and since it is a life issue, I am dedicated to do what I must.

I looked at HEMP protein, but then saw a few people post online they had kidney problems with it. Hemp is the ONLY veggie food that DOES have all the needed amino acids..so it seems perfect..but ?

A too low protein diet starts to 'waste' your muscles..esp. the heart, and you can die as some anorexic girls do on <300 calorie diets. BUT if you balance the aminos you can do well, and eat all the veggies, brown rice, etc. There are nutritional products you can buy, but I thought Hemp might be ideal!

So I am researching like crazy, have some emails out to some experts Dr. Attia, Dr. Fung and www.kidneycoach.com asking of help to understand HOW to improve function, and what to eat.