View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-17, 05:16

Plan: atkins..paleo later
Stats: 182/173/154 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi, another uk low carb er here. Joined the site 5 years ago, but seriously got into it about 3 years ago. I've recently gone off the rails though as ive been plunged into the world of caring for my 90 year old mum full time. It's taken me from my home, man and dog, and for various reasons made me miserable, even though I know I'm doing the right thing. Anyway...
I started on atkins originally, then edged into paleo. Maintained a happy weight easily for 3 years but went off plan bit by bit over the past 5 months, comfort eating and not bothering to cook properly for myself. I've ballooned, and so I'm back, and starting again in about a week when I've got rid of my carby stuff. Going to try atkins induction again, ish, but with a bit more veg perhaps, I can't take the constipation! I have a journal here if anyone feels like dropping by.
I've always used aldi really, but mum likes morrisons. Never looked much at their food except for her shopping. I deem it out of my price bracket. My partner and I survive only on my carers allowance, (long story of why, some of which is explained in my j, going back a bit) so money is very tight. Very. A bit easier while I'm at mums, saves commuting diesel, and she pays for some of my normal food that we both eat, but that will change now. She won't approve or understand how I'll be eating. Will be in need of a bit of encouragement and support I guess, as caring is very isolating. I don't know her village community, and as she's on home oxygen, don't get out much! My highlight is a quick chat to the milkman when he comes to be paid!
Good to mix up with some fellow low carers in the uk, im in leicestershire btw.