#29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 04:35

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
It just occurs to me. If I'm not mistaken, the thing that holds the pasta together is - eggs. I thought I could be mistaken, so I checked. Industrial pasta has no eggs in there. Must be just for home made stuff. Anyways, it's an idea to make egg pasta, minus the wheat flour. I guess we'd call this egg noodles.

Just got an idea. Whey protein as substitute for wheat flour. So basically, eggs, whey, some kind of fat like olive oil or butter or whatever. Anybody ever try that?

I've made pasta and egg noodles before - egg noodles use an egg in the mixture (still mostly flour), but standard pasta is just flour and water.

I'm not sure whey would work as a substitute for flour when making pasta, because it always seemed to me that it needed some gluten development (via kneading the flour and water mixture) in order to hold the finished shape together while cooking. If you cook pasta long enough, it breaks down though - I remember trying to make alphabet soup in a crock pot... while I was at work all day. I came home to a crock pot full of gravy.