#68   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-13, 21:18

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
That's so interesting how caffeine (or some other component of coffee) can really affect weight loss. I've been coffee & caffeine -free for over a week now and I wonder if that's what made the difference in getting some lbs off this past week. However, I did make a cup of coffee today using a 2nd brew of the grounds my husband used this morning, lol. My friend loves her coffee like that so I thought I'd try it too. I wonder how much caffeine is left when you brew the coffee grounds again?

Everyone is different. That is why I am not a "purist" now when it comes to ANY diet nor do I get too hung up on the "rules." I try to follow to the T and found out the coffee rule for CAD/CALP was causing me a plateau and when I cut it out I started losing again and when I added it back (the iced decaf BLACK coffees even consumed those in 15 minutes) I gained 2 pounds that week!

So.... I do not do coffee period outside of my carb hour. Other people have great success so I am not knocking it. I just bring it up when people talk about it to keep in mind it "could" affect their results.

MIW