#32   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 13:53
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown
Progress: 64%
Default I Think I FInally Got It Right;

Hi I'm feeling kind of hippocritical, not that I'm trying to be, but I've posted on alot of the other boards. I am feeling my way thru the lc maze trying to figure what feels right to my body. I have tried the other low carb plans and it has really never felt right. I did Atkins For The Longest Time, and Protein Power, and even tried Paleo. I even tried sticking to mostly vegetarian options for the protein. I can't eat that much soy, and wheat gluten is a killer, and the zone is too complicated.So I got out my book on Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and really read it. This feels right to me, I can even imagine eating this way forever. I tried it before I understood how you are supposed to go about eating your reward meal, there is alot of misinformation out there.I didn't balance it so of course my insulin went into over drive. I've been doing this for a week and am doing quite well. I haven't been craving carbs this week, but last night I ate dessert with no guilt, and fathers day we took DH to a buffet and I ate Cheese cake with no guilt. Now I know if I get an overwhelming urge for rice or potatoes I can have them as long as I balance it with protein and salad. That gives me a free feeling, because I have lost the guilt. Just thought I would share that with you, Judy