View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 16:39
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo at the moment
Stats: 230/195/195 Male 76 inches
BF:25%/16%/12%
Progress: 100%

Arms and shoulders workout 2 so every muscle group is covered, but otherwise, you've got it.

I use machines mostly because Doug McGuff recommends it and also I workout at the gym on my own. When you go to absolute failure you don't want to be trapped under a heavy weight!!!!

The individual exercises are varied but include some pre exhaust. As said I'm on the Mike Mentzer starting routine as recommended in his book "High Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer way"

It's a great, great book.

Another thing and this is weird. I used to do quite a bit of running but then stopped. I went for a run the other day after maybe two months and actually improved my performance!!!!

I guess my aerobic fitness is more than maintained with the super intensive but very short workouts. And my girlfriend say's I look more toned, with bigger muscles than ever, and I'm 50.

Hope that helps, but I think that so long as the principles of super high intense training for short periods with lots of rest and of course low carbing, then it will work very well indeed and is open to individual changes. I would say the Big Five workout could probably be just as good.