View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 21:44

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%
Post to answer your questions

jo ann i am not following both plans. i started CALP jan 2000 after seeing the drs. heller on the oprah show. the previous 3 yrs i had been on a low fat diet ordered by my doc, i lost 50 lbs but everyday was a struggle of cravings and feeling deprived.i decided to read CALP,took the test,found out i fit the very high carb addict profile. the plan worked great for me,meals were satisfying,cravings stopped and after 1 1/2 yrs came off bp meds and had lost a further 40 lbs. i can't say why but i started increasing the carbs at the reward meal(mostly nuts and choc syrup) and i started to gain then stalled out. last fall i decided to do atkins induction to get the carbs under control, i liked the plan and have stayed on it for the last 4 months the only problem is i've now gained 8.5 lbs and each week i keep thinking my body is just adjusting and the whoosh fairy will find her way north soon! well in order to stay off meds i must lose more and i've just read PP and am trying to decide on going on PP or back on CALP.
since you're not much on meat or big meals CALP will probably work better for you than atkins. my best suggestion is to read CALP (which you're doing) and when it comes to the reward meal follow it to a T and it will work. when in doubt reread the book or come to this forum. drink water, water and more water. all lc plans have + and -,we just have to find the one that can be our WOL. good luck to you.

jes