View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-08, 20:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%

I have done this, and actually do it most of the time when I'm on CAD.

It's not really on purpose, my body just is very seldom hungry untill it's time for the RM. Some days I'll eat 1 other meal (CM), or even 2 (but rarely).

I find that CAD gives me wonderful freedom from constant thoughts about food & eating; when is it time to eat? what shoud I eat? try to choose something helathy, but usually fail (or eat something healthy & then follow it with something bad, because I crave carbs), constantly thinking about sweets or junk food, etc. etc...

When on CAD I just kinda forget about food & eating. It's so wonderful for me. The only drawback is, although I feel great (esp. in my head ), I just don't lose much weight. But this is probably my own fault, my RM is probably not balanced enough & I could really use more exercise (I'm working on both )

Just want to note: I don't have a strenuous or demanding job or kids or a lot of other enegy demanding things to do, so this could be part of the reason why this works for me (or the whole reason, who knows?).

As for the effect this has on the metabolism, it's debated a lot, basically (mostly) unknown and probably varies from person to person. The more muscle you have, the more you burn, so the best thing you can do is gain more muscle (by lifting weights, it doesn't have to be hard/heavy or boring )

Hope any of this helps My advice is find out what works for you & makes you feel good & then just kinda trust your body to tell you what to do. Just my 2 cents Good luck