#5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 02:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
funny- just read your other post in the general LC threads about your upcoming surgery and here you are again! First- good luck in your surgery. Second- congratulations on how great you are doing.

I think the best advice I can give anyone who asks about what works in maintaining is DON"T GO OFF YOUR PLAN.
It's pretty clear by now that this is not a diet, but a new way of eating and caring for your body, so don't go "off". While the stories of how people fell off the wagon, gained a lot (or all plus) back and then got back on the plan are helpful and instructive of what NOT to do, I think you should take their experiences as indicators of what to avoid: don't do that.
Stay on your plan. Period. Make sure it's sustainable, plan your meals, continue to learn about the science (I love learning new things- LOVE this site and am into LC podcasts and you tube videos of conference and meeting lectures), make sure you are not deprived, and don't give in to the little voice in your head that tells you "just once....it's not fair.....but everyone else can....that looks so good.....it would be rude to say no....there's nothing else to eat.....I want it!".
Having a record of what you are eating helps. Having all the foods you need helps. Having a plan for special occasions and meals out helps. Meeting your emotional and social needs directly- not with food- helps. Learning how to love yourself by staying OP- priceless.

Congrats on your journey to wellness and wellbeing-
E